Wednesday, January 4, 2017

LRW #375 - Something New



HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!  I'm praying it is a healthy, happy, prosperous and peaceful year for all of us.  

It light of the new year, our Girlfriend Janice wants us to use something new on our projects this week or I guess you could create something for a new baby or a new house.  I guess that means you'll have to share the new related to your project.  

For me, I was blessed to receive the full set of Prismacolor pencils as my gift from my husband (yes, he was helped tremendously by me...Amazon had it at a price I couldn't refuse and yes, he wondered what in the world I would do with 150 colored pencils, so I'm on a mission to show him.  Also after I got them, I learned about full set syndrome - this explains a lot and I'll leave it at that :).

So, I got the pencils and then realized I really don't know how to use them, but never fear, Kit and Clowder to the rescue.  I have only begun to start the online class so I'm hoping for vast improvements in the future.  Here's my creation using the cute Tiddley Inks image, Poppy Pixie -


Thanks for stopping by today.  I sure do hope you'll join us one at the Little Red Wagon Challenge.  

Aloha,
Brenda

Supplies:
Image:  Tiddley Inks Poppy Pixie
Sentiment:  Mama Elephant Mini Messages
Paper:  DCWV cardstock, Basic Grey scraps from stash
Ink:  VersaFine Onyx Black
Accessories:  Mama Elephant Femme Frames dies, clear embossing powder, Jelly Roll Glaze pens
Coloring medium:  PRISMACOLOR PENCILS!

6 comments:

  1. This is simply darling, Brenda! The colours all look so wonderful and I'm sure your husband has a better understanding of what a great gift Prismacolors make!

    Happy new year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda, this is such a pretty card! :) Love the image with the flowers and the colouring is awesome!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card! I really like the bold colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, new pencils...how exciting! It's fun to try something new and watch your skills growing each time, although I love your colouring already on this pretty image :-)
    It's such a cute image and a fab CAS design too.
    Happy New Year and hope it's a great one for you!
    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and so vibrant. I have no idea how to use coloured pencils either so am looking forward to watching you evolve. Maybe it will inspire me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so awesome to get a full set of prisma pencils! For your first project you did an amazing job! Enjoy my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

Little Red Wagon #753 - Show Us Your Eggs (Easter projects)

  Chrissy is our fab hostess this week over at Little Red Wagon.  Her challenge this week is to "Show Us Your Eggs (or Easter projects)...

Popular Posts