Thursday, January 21, 2016

Beachy Watercolor




I have had some extra time on my hands this week.  I'm happy to say I am recuperating well after some eye surgery.  Now that the patch is off, I decided to make some cards just for fun...well, they are all made just for fun, but this one was made for the joy of using these darling Lawn Fawn stamps!  

The Lawnscaping Challenge this week is to incorporate watercolor into your project...right down my alley since I continue to be so enamored with watercolor.  Here's the nice sunny little beachy scene I came up with:




I used Distress Ink in Frayed Burlap, Broken China and of course Salty Ocean and did a little smooshing on watercolor paper.  I got out Lawn Fawn's Life is Good and Hello Sunshine (and matching lawn cuts) and created this darling little scene.  Makes me want to head to the beach...the only drawback is I would have to wear the very stylish (NOT!), super protective sunglasses they gave me after the surgery.

I hope you are having a wonderful week. 

Aloha, 
Brenda



5 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Brenda, I love the scene you've created :o)
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous summer scene...the like of which we rarely get in the UK!! Pleased to hear you are recuperating well...take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this, such a cheery card. The beach would be a lovely place to be right now :). Glad your recovery is going well <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, this is awesome! i want to go to the beach now, too! awesome watercolored background! and i LOVE that little crab so much! i'm so glad you're recovering well, and sending you more speedy get well wishes!! Thank you so much for playing along with the Lawnscaping Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear you are recovering well after the eye surgery and putting your time off to good use with some colouring! I really wish I was in your beautiful beach scene right now instead of at my desk on a very grey, wet day. It looks like I might have to fight my way past the crab though to get to that comfy hammock though - lol!

    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

CRAFT Challenge #714 - Not A Card

It's time for another CRAFT Challenge!  We would love for you to join us this week in creating something other than a card.  There are a...

Popular Posts